8.7.06

Read It and Weep

So Chris Read made 150* for England A against Pakistan, surely bringing him into contention for a recall to the England Test side when it's announced tomorrow. Well, er, no.

Sure, I'm biased towards Chris Read - I first saw him play for Devon when he was 16 and I've always rated him as a keeper (although he's not quite as good as many people seem to think).

Everything suggests, though, that hell will freeze over before Duncan Fletcher will countenance the dropping of Geraint Jones, who, even if one charitably admits that his glovework has improved, must be one of the worst keepers ever to play for England, and who, now that his runs have dried up, has lost his main reason for being in the side.

Go on, Duncan, surprise me.

And, if you don't (as I'm sure you won't), perhaps Geraint can surprise me by scoring some serious runs (and keeping well) at Lord's. England might need them.

No comments:

Subscribe in a reader