10.1.07

Contrition

This caught my eye today.

I'm not totally sure I agree with Gilly on either count. I'm a big fan of Twenty:20 but I don't necessarily feel that it's certain to be the death of fifty over international cricket. And if it is I'm not sure that'll be the end of the world, given how formulaic it's become. If he's just talking about the World Cup, well, I'm sure that'll endure, as will Test cricket, which is really important.

Gilchrist's apparent contrition at the remark he made to the TV commentators shows him in a typically good light - a cricketer of talent bordering on genius and one of the straightest, sincerest characters you'll ever find - but this time I think he's worrying too much.

We've all heard worse, Adam, and let's face it, England were hammered.

No comments:

Subscribe in a reader